Sunday, July 25, 2010

What Now...

       The question is, "What now?" As I continue on my life's journey, I constantly am searching what my destiny will be. Over the past couple of weeks, I've come to the conclusion that I will probably go back to school eventually and possibly will be a counsellor. I find that over the past couple of weeks, I have spent a good deal of time just counselling people, mainly the teens I work with. Being a direct child-care worker has opened my eyes to a whole new world. I never dreamed that I'd be counselling on a non-stop, day to day basis. I'm not even sure that I want to be a therapist and deal with things I don't thoroughly believe in...I have a different view to life than most of the psychotherapy jargon out there. You see, I happen to know that there is a real live devil out there and that we "wrestle not against flesh and blood...." But even being a counsellor can pose certain hurdles along my path, yet I have never been one to just give up on something I believe in...
       Just yesterday alone, I sat and talked to a few of my girls...if I wasn't putting out an "explosive situation" I was just talking to them about what's important in their lives at this point and time. By night's end, I was mentally and emotionally exhausted, but I believe that this is what I really want to do....just sit and talk and guide kids who are troubled, who are searching for what's missing in their lives that they need and are trying to overcome. Of course, I know that Jesus is the ultimate answer, yet dealing with these kids at my place of work tends to give me this hurdle that I feel the need to jump....just naming the name of Jesus is offensive to a few of the girls. I only hope and pray that they can see Jesus in me and will soon begin to ask me about why I can live my life with such peace and don't become frazzled when they scream in my face like a new girl did last night....So, I just rambled on about what now? I just don't know the answer at this moment and time....

No comments: