Saturday, February 28, 2009

Awake

So I had my surgery on Thursday morning around 10:15 AM; I don't remember much about it because I was put to sleep, per my request. I do know that I was still shaking because I was nervous about being put to sleep, but when they put the mask on with the oxygen and "laughing gas"I was very relaxed and at ease! I remember joking with the nurse and thinking to myself, "I probably can beat this and stay awake!" That was funny! The last thing I remember was the nurse placing some plastic thing in my mouth and holding up my chin. The next thing I remember was waking up to the dr over me and finishing up! I kept asking him what he was doing to me! (pretty funny!) I kept zoning in and out, and Josh even came back to help me and took a picture of me when I didn't know! I had an awful time walking to the car; it was such a weird feeling. I woke up in the parking lot of Weis Supermarket with the doors locked! Josh told me later that I was trying to get out of the car, and he was afraid I would get out and wander off! He asked the Pepsi vendor inside to keep a look out on me as he went and bought some foods I could eat! The rest of the day was kind of a blurr as I drifted in and out of sleep and kept changing the gauze in my mouth. The dr called me that night to see if I was doing ok. I was very impressed by that! As directed, I kept the ice-packs on my face all day, taking them off periodically. That really helped with the swelling and keeping the pain level down. Today, I woke up with a severe sore throat! My right back jaw hurt so badly, it was unreal! I immediately went and downed some pudding and took pain medicine! I am doing much better right now! The only thing is, I want to sleep and sleep, but I can't because I am here watching my kids while Josh is at work! God is my helper! I will make it through this with His help alone! I can't always depend on people for help as they are just human, but I can ALWAYS depend on my God for His help!

No comments: