Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Should I Really Be Scared?

I sit here at my desk with a myriad of thoughts running through my mind, mostly of my upcoming surgery this Thursday morning. I don't believe in being afraid as a Christian, but as a human, I know that anxiety can soon set in if I don't do something about it. I know that fear isn't of God, and that HE did not give me this "spirit of fear." So many people have inserted their opinions of how I will be feeling after my teeth are pulled on Thursday, but I have come to this conclusion...I will not be afraid but instead I will ask God for courage and rely on Him to see me through the day. When I was 8 years old, I became very ill. I was sent to the hospital for blood tests, and after the results came in, I was soon admitted into the hospital for observation and more tests. I remember being very afraid, but my dad had me kneel down beside the couch next to him and ask God for courage. I did that, and relief washed over me as I knew God was with me. That has stuck in my mind all of these years, and as I go into the oral surgeon's office on Thursday morning, I will walk in with courage for God will be with me. So the answer to my question is simple... "God hath not given me the spirit of fear but of power and of love and of a sound mind."

1 comment:

T said...

Liz-

Praying for you!

Love you, girl!

Tanya