Thursday, August 27, 2009

Decisions

Decisions are very much a part of life. Most of the time, they really aren't fun to make because you start to second-guess yourself. I am learning to wait on the Lord this time around. Sometimes, my mind wants to rush things, but my heart says to slow down. I know that everything will work out the way it's supposed to when the time is right. Sometimes, this waiting can make you think that nothing is going to happen, that everything will hang in limbo forever. But as life has shown me in the past, that most likely will not be the case.
I have this gift that I've had now since I was about 16, and that is, I kind of can "see" the future. No, I'm not psychic, but I remember telling everyone that I would go to college and meet the man of my dreams; I then told people that I would be married the summer of 2003. Both of those things came true. Right around the time I started to date my future husband, I knew in my heart that I was about to meet him. I started fasting every single Tuesday and pray that I would be ready and he'd be ready for me. Not even two months after that, we started dating. I just knew that I'd meet him soon, and it happened. No, I'm not crazy! Also, both days that I had my children, I knew when I woke up that morning that I would be going into labor by evening and my babies would be entering the world. This time, I know in my heart of hearts that I am about to reach the next level in my life. I know that our lives will be changing, for the better, to a higher plain in learning and growing. I believe God has been preparing us for this moment, this life decision.
I refuse to become bitter or angry at anyone in this process. I only know that I will not miss it; I will be ready. So, these decisions will be made soon....just don't know exactly when. Until then, like the artist said in his song, While I'm Waiting, "While I'm waiting, I will serve you...."

No comments: