Saturday, August 15, 2009

Waiting...

I've been "playing" this waiting game for the past 4 1/2 years of my life, and each and every day I am reminded to just be patient and keep on waiting because God has His perfect timing in our lives. Almost 5 years ago, I had a severe awakening in my life, and my world was traumatically shaken to my very core. It was at that point in my life that I had to make a choice...a choice I believe did take me in the direction that I am currently taking. I had a choice to stay bitter, angry and sick with grief. I am human, so I wasn't perfect in that area, but through time, I realized that I could go on in life and it would be okay. I decided through all of that to stay close to my God. I poured over the pages of His Words with many a tear falling down my face. Through counselling with two great people of God, I was able to heal with time. Now, it's just been waiting time...a time to wait on God to show me and my family the path we are to take. Yes, I still become frustrated because I think that the answers should just come naturally and quickly, but then I am gently reminded to just wait on the Lord...I must say that waiting, has been teaching me patience...it has tried my faith and it has made me a stronger person. Sometimes God just wants us to learn a few things in life...sometimes, we just need to mature as a person and learn the "love walk" before we can move on. I know that I have come a long way because I know that I am not the same person that I was 10 years ago. I see where I have changed for the better, but I also know that I am still a "work in progress." I thank my God for His gently patience and love to me everyday of my life. Now, I'm still patiently waiting....what does He have in store?

1 comment: