Saturday, August 15, 2009

Temper Tantrums and Computers

So, I'm having what I thought was a normal morning until I picked up a glass of water and tripped on my JW's monster trucks sending the cup and water flying in the air and onto my laptop. I wasn't a very happy camper, but I remembered that I had bought the one-year waranty from Best Buy when I bought the computer in February. Thank the Lord that I decided to do that, too, or I'd be out of a laptop because I'm not buying another one or paying to have it fixed!
We get to Best Buy and end up having to stand in line forever. My kids were being angels, but then it got to the point where the "Geek Squad" was taking forever! We finally were next, and the technician takes a look at my computer and tries to shove the cord into the side so he can plug it in. All of the sudden, he is telling me my chord is no good because the prong inside is bent! I sternly told him that it wasn't like that when I packed it up this morning and brought it in. He insisted that it was, and we went back and forth a little bit before he finally admitted he was the one shoving the chord into my computer and it was his fault. So, thankfully, they are sending it off to be "gutted" and re-done with a new motherboard and plug. I'm thankful that I still have my desk-top because that's how I've been looking for jobs...online on my laptop!
So, we are done, and I told my kids since they were good, we would go and get a movie or something. I pick one out that was on sale, and we were about to check-out and JW takes the movie and throws it down and says, "I DON'T WANT IT!" So, I say, "Ok, then, let's go," take the movie, put it back in the bin and start to leave with my kids in tow. About this time, JW thinks he is getting "the raw end of the deal" and begins kicking and screaming all the way to the car. People stop and stare and some even laugh and say things like, "Awe, how cute!" or "He's adorable!" I'm not really thinking so as I continue to the van. He continued to kick and scream as I drove down the road, throwing his Plex and making a ruckus...I had had enough, so I pulled over in the Home Depot parking lot and had a talk with the little man! Needless to say, he's been an angel ever since!
I can't wait for the day when my kids can go out in public and not throw fits and let the world know just how they feel. The only thing is, they don't pull many of those stunts at home...just out in public! Wow, a day in the life of a mom! :)

1 comment:

Mandy said...

We have always had problems with Geek Squad. Hope you have better luck!