Saturday, August 8, 2009

Dear God,

My heart cries out to YOU tonight as my heart is heavy with the sadness in my family this evening. My Uncle Rick passed away last night; I didn't realize he had bad health. All that I know is he is my aunt's second husband to pass away suddenly in the past 6 years. Also, my heart is heavy for my friend, Mary....her 15 year old boy was flown to Baltimore Thursday with second and third degree burns. She was so beside herself. I can't stand it when people are hurting, especially my family and friends. It feels like my heart is being ripped out of my chest. I don't know how to express grief sometimes....all I know to do is cry and write, write until my fingers stop and my heart is at peace. God, I don't know how to help the hurting....Aunt Barb has lost four husbands to death...I can't imagine to love four times let alone lose that love of your life four times. God, You must have a special place in Heaven for her....take good care of her tonight, God. I wish I could be with her...with the family. Oh God, please, I beg of You....let my family know You're there tonight....that you are the Biggest Presence in the room. Wrap your arms around them, around Aunt Barb. Wrap your arms around Mary and her son, Adam. He is in so much pain....I can't imagine...I know Mary is beside herself because she can't help Adam but she wishes she could. She, too, has suffered alot in her life. I want to help the hurting, and I don't know how....I just don't know how....help me to know how.............................AMEN.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Praying for your family.

Anonymous said...

God is all-sufficient. Trust Him and rest easy.
(Matthew 11:28) "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."