Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Dear Joshua,

My dearest husband, there once was a time 7 years ago when all I had was you. Now, two more people have come into my heart that I love beyond words, Charity and JW. That in turn, is unfair to you because somehow along the way, I may have forgotten what it was like to just be me and you. Maybe it's this time of year that brings reality back to earth, or maybe it's because this time 7 years ago, we were just realizing how much we loved each other. It could be because now, I am realizing how much time really flies, and I can't believe that this December 27, it will be 7 years since you asked me at the BWI airport to be your wife. Whatever the case may be, I know that I am a nostalgic kind of girl, and I like to remember when things began and how they made me feel. I have to say for certain, we have been through alot together over the past 8 years of our lives, and I wouldn't trade being with you for anyone else in the whole world. I wouldn't trade all of our heartache and tears, as painful as they may be, for anything because that is what brought us closer. I have to say that if I had to do all over again, I'd still choose you because you are the kind of man I always used to dreamed about: loving, kind, awesome father, full of humor, a true gentleman, a HUGE heart, etc. Whether it be your sweet eyes that melted my heart on our very first date, or the way you talked non-stop on our second and third date, I knew that I would marry you from the first time I talked to you. I just knew that we had so much in common, and not only that, you completed me in every way. Where I am shy, you are bold; when I am unsure, you know for sure with all of your heart. When I can't seem to smile, you are full of laughter and sunshine. When all I want to do is do nothing, you are so full of ideas for fun and memories. You still have so many dreams, and I know they will all come true because you are the type of man that doesn't just talk, you also DO. I love you, dear Joshua, and I plan on loving you for the rest of my life. All my LOVE, Elizabeth

No comments: