Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Thought for the Day

I have to say that Tuesday evening was hard for me because I was amazed at who our fellow Americans chose to be our next president. I guess I was blind-sighted because everyone around me didn't want him. I had not taken any polls; so, I really couldn't speak for the whole United States. I stayed up until 12:30, just listening to his speech. It really hit me that this is what God wants for our nation, and we can get mad and upset all we want. What really matters is that we now respect and pray for him. I saw his little daughters and felt so badly for them! To be in the spotlight at such an early age, is amazing to me. I was 12 years old when Bill Clinton was sworn into office for the first time, and I remember his daughter being the same age as me! I was excited to think about it at the time. Now, having children of my own, I realize that has to be hard as a mother to have to constantly guard your little children from the public's eye and also worry about your husband's safety every day. I realize we have a Secret Service, but you never know what nut job is around the corner. My thought for today is, America has decided who she wants; let's accept it and move on. We don't have to be talking that this is the end times or that the world is coming to an end. We may not agree with everything, but that will be our new president. We should lift him and his family up in prayer each day! This is our country, too, and I don't know about you, but I am PROUD to be an American!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

America has believed a lie! While I agree we should pray for our leadership, it doesn't necessarily follow that we should accept them. Mr. Obama is, has been, and will be an accomplished liar. While I feel sorry for his kids, I don't feel sorry for either him or his wife. They both wanted this and now they're going to have to live with their choice. America has acted the fool for empty promises and rhetoric. Your sentiment is admirable for a Christian, but remember, the gov't killed Christians in early Rome as well as modern day Islamic societies. H has already promised to side with them if it came to a choice. I hope America gets what it asked for.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

Gale