Thursday, February 28, 2013

Alone

       I sit here alone, deep in my thoughts
No one to enter, no one to exit
       Musings all my own
No one to listen, no one to see
       I'm in my own little bubble of my own making
No one to penetrate, no one to label
       It's not attention or self-pity I need
It's not sympathy or words of care coming my way
       You shake your head as if you don't understand
You roll your eyes as if it's enough
       You can't pretend to really grab ahold
You don't see what I see, you don't feel what I feel
       You aren't inside my head
You aren't the face of one who dreads
       The pity and helplessness all must paint
Have you forgotten that we are but dust?
       Have you remembered we all sin and we lust?
We each place our shoes upon our own feet
       And the paths that we travel, each other we meet
So, look down your noses and wrinkle your brow
       Your pity and nonchalance make me sad somehow
For you don't know a thing about loving someone
       For if you did, half the battle would be won.
I sit here in silence, I sit here in alone
        It's okay that I do this, my heart isn't stone
I have much to muse and I have much to say
       But the one thing I know is that it'll all be ok.

No comments: