Sunday, February 24, 2013

Bittersweet

       Falling asleep while standing still
Not afraid of what's going on all around
       Tears fall down like cleansing flood
Washing away all of the fears within
       Never leaving my side, standing true
Slow motion, robotic stares surround
       Ricocheting bullets fly o'er my head
Still no movement from within
       I stand this way for hours on end
Never moving, ever staring, always blinking
       Understanding will fall like the waves
Crashing all around, drowning all fear
       Eyes wide open, heart-beat like an ancient drum
The music is on repeat with numbing finger-tips
        Only remorse for ever caring what you think
Dead silence soon envelopes my sheer existence
      Echoing taunting reminders of what once was
I turn away and walk alone, ever wondering
      Trying not to really care, turning off my inner soul.

     

No comments: