Monday, March 1, 2010

Lift Your Voice

       Ok, maybe I'm very good with my pen...maybe I'm braver, more articulate, better able to assemble my thoughts, but in all, that doesn't make me a weak person. In fact, it's better to be able to assemble your thoughts on paper. Sometimes spur-of-the-moment comments may and will hurt people. I know this by experience. I also know that the pen is like a sword in that if it isn't used properly, it can hurt deeply. Words can't be taken back. Once they are out there, they float and repeat themselves for as long as the mind wills them to re-play. I have used my pen to hurt others in the past, and for this, I am not a proud person. Not only have I used my pen, but also, I have used my tongue. Both of these have grieved me to my innermost being. But all I can do is apologize, pick myself up and go on...and NEVER do it again. Most importantly, I need to forgive myself. We often expect others to forgive us, but we leave out one important thing, forgiveness of ones' self.
       So, in the wee hours of the morning, I sit here and lift my voice in praise and worship to my all-mighty God! I can use my pen to glorify Him and Him alone, for without Him, I wouldn't have this ability. "All of creation sing with me now, fill up the Heavens, let His glory resound." I love these words because all of creation does praise her maker...look at the sun as it salutes the morning sky, the flowers as they open in adoration to their king, the deer in the field lifts its' head in strength and beauty to the creator of all...the birds sing to their maker, the giant trees bow in awe, and yet, we as humans often miss this opportunity to praise our Creator, our King, our Heavenly Father...He is the creator of ALL things, He has breathed life into our lifeless beings, He is the reason I sing, the reason I write, the reason I wake up in the morning! Oh God, if only everyone on this Earth could really understand Your magnificence, Your power...how the ground trembles at Your voice. It is You who gives life and takes it away. I know that You are my only Saviour, my only Provider. I lift my voice to You, for You are my everything!