Monday, February 22, 2010

Brand-new Beginnings

       I know the title of today's blog is an oxymoron, but I think it just fits today! I am going to greater heights spiritually and physically. This time, I have my hubby to help me on this weight loss/healthy living journey. It somehow seems easier now that I have a partner who is health-conscience. Of course, he is allowed to eat more points than me. (not fair! :) As soon as I'm done writing this, I will be getting my gym clothes on and running downstairs to make a healthy, protein- filled turkey burger dinner with fresh green beans! I'm very excited to meet with my personal trainer tonight; I'm just kind of nervous as to how she'll have me working out and not being in shape, therefore, huffing and puffing my way to strength, health and victory.
        I stood on the scale this morning in dis-belief! I hadn't gained any of the weight back that I had worked so hard to get off! I was thankful, and it gave me great courage to keep going on this journey. I truly feel that I can be to my goal weight by this summer-time! I plan on working hard, eating right and teaching my kids to make the right choices!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Ooooh ooooh us too! We started our diet today too!!! Good LUCK!!!

Sarah {Crinklelove} said...

We're a week in on Weight Watchers together, and I'm down 2lbs. We decided that if we can't do it on Weight Watchers, then we're just not dedicated because it's such an easy program! Good luck to you guys!!