Sunday, May 12, 2013

Domino Effect

The day it all came crashing down all around me
I knew all along what was going on
But I tried to believe it wasn't true,
That you would be the one person I could trust
That you were different somehow...
I felt a connection but kept you at bay
I was slowly letting go, believing you were real
Then it was over...you revealed who you really were
It hurts me to think I ever trusted you
It breaks my very soul that I looked up to you...
Once upon a time, not very long ago,
I thought you were real, my ice was thawing....
How could you disappoint me so?
I thought this was different...then it started
The first hit was harsh, then when it finally hit me
I looked up and saw where I had gone wrong...
It started at the top and rolled on down
So hard, then it piled up....I came up for air....
This is so typical...harsh, cruel world....domino effect.

No comments: