Monday, April 29, 2013

Déjà Vu


A torrent of voices heard across the still brook

Ripples of water flowing over the pebbles and broken rocks

A myriad of birds singing their daily news

Beams of sunlight warm the boulder upon which I rest

I look out over the mountain-tops and down to the valley below me

I see the streams of water, the fallen leaves upon the ground

I close my eyes and breathe in the warmth of the sun, the smell of earth

My hands run across the ruggedness of the rock, feeling every crevice and ridge

I’ve been here before but maybe in another life-time

I recall the feeling, the wonder of it all, and I’m not afraid.

Maybe I was scared before, of the height, the depth, the existence,

But now, fear is my enemy, warmth and peace take its spot.

Leaning back, I look up at the clouds and smile as the breeze rustles through my hair…

I know this feeling, it’s not an illusion… it’s a miracle taken place, a dream come true

Gazing again at what lay ahead, I understand what the mystery entailed, history was written…

In this very spot, hundreds of years before and I lived it….déjà vu…

 

 

No comments: