Monday, October 1, 2012

You Can Have It

       Every day is a battle for the Christian...a battle between unseen forces, but we have victory within our reach."For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." (Ephesians 6:12) The average Christian doesn't realize this, and I know this because it's something I didn't really take into consideration until a few years ago. Whenever something comes our way, we have a choice...a choice to speak life or to speak death in the situation. "Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." (Proverbs 18:21) So many people go through life unaware of what they are saying over their lives and situations. They may say they are aware, but then they speak death over a circumstance. This is something we have to practice over and over...becoming more aware of our words. It all starts in the mind...if we control the mind, we can control our thoughts and then our words. "For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he:" (Proverbs 23:7) Memorizing the WORD is the best weapon against the evil one. Meditating day and night, and purposely quoting what you have in your heart will help you get through what you need to get through. Life isn't supposed to be a "cake walk," but it sure can be easier if we put these tools into practice.
       As I write this, I am also reminding myself of this profound truth. I still practice every day, and I still am not perfect at it. But I can tell you that I am getting better and better at it. The main verse I have for today and in the future for me is, "Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them." (Mark 11:24) I have been praying this today, and I believe in my heart of hearts that this will come to pass. I know that I don't need to keep asking over and over as if God didn't hear me the first time. Just like I don't need to beg God to save me every day of my life, I also don't need to beg Him to bring my desires to pass. I only need to ask Him once, and then thank and praise Him for it. Yes, you can have it. Believe, have faith, speak life, and it's yours.

No comments: