Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Forgiveness

       You pushed me away and I pushed back, trying to show you that you're better than that
       Life isn't fair but you get back up, stop being angry, and forget me not.
       You think you can't help it when you get this way
       I'm here to tell you there is much to say
       Cause for once in your life you can clearly see
       The road in your fury, will lead back to me,
       For I never moved when you pushed me away
       And I never faltered when you got this way.
       Your words quickly hurt me for this is my pride,
       But you won't leave me stranded with hate left inside.
       I choose to forgive you before you ever ask
       I choose to listen to your pride you hold fast,
       For you'll never mention the anger inside
       You'll just point your finger while four, point in stride.
       If you choose this pathway of pride and disarray
       I'll choose to love you, in peace I will stay
       Because you have not seen all that I see
       And you have not surrendered yourself to be free.
       I sit here with tears streaming down my wet face,
      But I sit in victory, your memory I won't erase.

No comments: