Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Standing Strong

       Falling underneath a haze of guilt
     Lead by a power to walk away
   This fight within my inner self
Drove me to a place where I belong
       Tears built up like a stopped up dam
     Piercing even my inner soul
   Sending me to the blackest night
Knowing full well it's in my own strength.

       Don't run away
       Just stand there, still
       Look into my soul
       Feel what I feel
       Don't turn away
       Let me stay
       Break these inner chains
       You've bound by words
       I won't walk away.

       Lying to myself for so long
     Hiding 'neath the shadows of pain
   Swallowed up by pride alone
Knowing they'll all walk away
       Trusting in my own pure strength
     Ever failing every time
   Knowing that in You alone
Is where it'll all be washed away.

       It's through Your strength that I'm made whole
     Through the power of the spoken Word
   It's through the promise, never failing
Washing all the darkness away
       Cleansing my spirit made whole
     Breaking these inner chains to set me free
   I step forward and don't look back
It's through the Words spoken and through your grace.

       I stand here stronger
       With outstretched hands
       Praise and glory to the mighty King
       Lifting my face in adoration
       It's in Your strength
       It's in Your power
       That I'm standing strong.
  

No comments: