Sunday, July 5, 2009

Something to Ponder

As you know, there have been many deaths these past few weeks of many famous people. The number one death has been Michael Jackson, and as all Americans know, this has been drug on for over a week with a swirl of questions concerning what really happened. I think we should just allow him to rest in peace and his family to grieve. I realize that many people were fans, but along with that, there are many who didn't care for him. I say that he was a human just like you and me; only, he was in the "limelight" constantly. All I'm trying to say is this, it doesn't matter if you are rich or famous or if you aren't known by anyone, we all will stand before our Creator one day and account for what we have and haven't done down here on Earth. Who are we to say what we each should or shouldn't do on this Earth? I say, look into your own heart and decide what it is that you were created to do while here on Earth. It does matter if you've come to the place where you realize you are a sinner and accept God's gift to mankind, His Son's pure blood, to wash away our sin and cover us from condemnation. After that, it's between you and God what you will do with this life He has graciously given to you. Yes, some of us, humans, will receive more recognition than others in our life and death, but that shouldn't be something that we strive for. We should constantly be striving to please our God; we should worship God in the way that we seem fit. We should strive to love each other as ourselves because that is the second commandment; the first is to love God with all of our soul, heart and might.
So, many famous people have passed away, but on the flip side, somebody lost a father, a mother, a sister, a brother, a son or a daughter. Our soldier boys are overseas fighting a war...a mom is dying of cancer...a small child is being diagnosed with an incurable disease...a brother is being told that he doesn't have long to live...pain is all around us. It doesn't have to always be a famous man dying...it can also be our next-door neighbor. What are we going to do about it? How are we going to make a difference? How are we going to be remembered? I want to be remembered as a person who loved everybody. That should be my legacy. I want to be known as one who writes what's on my heart to influence thousands and millions, even. I really believe my writings will eventually reach the world, but most importantly, I strive to love my neighbor as myself. What is your legacy?

No comments: