Monday, July 6, 2009

The Race Is Not to The Swift

I was reminded this weekend of a powerful verse in the Bible, and I plan to lay ahold of it's truth. Ecclesiastes 9:11 says, "I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." I read and re-read that verse, and within it, I found the power to continue on the path that I have chosen. You see, at times, I begin to become frustrated because I have been attempting to find a full-time job for the last 8 or 9 months, one that I will love and become stable. I also was very sick for that amount of time, and just am now beginning to regain my strength and confidence within myself. Today, amidst my frustrations, a powerful statement came back to my mind which says, "The works of the flesh equal frustration." Wow! Think about that statement for a minute! If we are truly frustrated in our life, in some way, we are living in the flesh and not walking in the Spirit. I continually try to remind myself that God is not the author of confusion.
You may be popular; you may have a whole lot of money; you may have multiple talents. But, I am in no way deterred because I truly believe the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. I have potential just like any other person on the face of this earth. I am an author; I am a writer. I love to write what's on my heart. I am an artist at heart. I can feel what you are feeling because I have learned to empathize with the broken hearted. I don't write this to brag. I just write this to tell the world, I believe in myself. For once in my life, I really truly believe in myself and how my writings will affect the world.

No comments: