Thursday, May 7, 2009

Holy is the LAMB!

My heart is overwhelmed this morning, but I am reminded of God's promises. His Word never lies, and His Word will come to pass in my life. Sometimes, I feel so alone, and then I am reminded that I have a GREAT GOD Who is always there by my side, an AWESOME God Who will never leave me or forsake me. His mercies are new every morning. My God loves me, and no matter what I have done, He will always forgive me.
So, I take a minute to praise His holy name. I take a second to raise my hands to the heavens and thank Him for giving me life. I lift my tear-stained face as I fall to my knees in adoration because He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. He WAS and IS and IS TO COME. He is my everything in this life. Without Him, I am nothing. I can't live a day without my God because that's what I have learned. If I try to live without Him, I fail every single time. I am free to be me. I am free to love my God. I thank Him for my religious freedom, and if it were ever taken away, I could not hide what He means to me. I would stand up and show my children that He is worthy of my love and praise.
I think we, as Christians, think that if we praise our God, that we are being too charismatic, but if you really stop and think about it, we will be doing that for all of eternity. I don't plan on being the person in the back of Heaven feeling awkward as everyone around me falls on their knees in worship and adoration. I am not ashamed of my God. Everyone who knows me, knows that much. I am not afraid to tell someone that I am a Christian. I really believe that worship to our God should be done on a daily basis. I believe that we should set aside our special time to lift our hands to the sky and thank God for all that He has done for us. Even if we feel like nothing is going right in our lives at the moment, we can still thank Him for saving our soul, for giving us the air we breathe, for the sunshine and the rain, for our American freedoms while they still last, etc.
Today, I choose LIFE, the power of my words will speak forth the wonder and admiration for my Lord God Almighty. Worthy is the LAMB that was slain!

1 comment:

T said...

Whoo hoo, girl!
Amen to that!!

Love ya!