Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Healthier You

Recently I was diagnosed with gallstones and was set to have my gallbladder taken out on the 18th of May. At first, it seemed surreal to me. As my surgery date grew closer, I realized that I hadn't done my research, and that I needed to find out if surgery really was my only option. I knew that it wasn't "life or death"; so, I decided to talk to a friend who had her gallbladder removed about 5 years ago. She actually told me to call this other girl in our church who had similar problems a few years ago; in actuality, she told me it would be better to not have my gallbladder taken out unless I really had to do so. Prior to calling my friend, I had asked God to just give me wisdom to know what to do. I was completely torn, and I felt like I was about to make the biggest mistake of my life. I do believe that God brought me to the right people.
Through all of this, I learned that the gallbladder is a necessity in our body. God didn't just give it to us to sit there and do nothing. Our liver's job is to produce about 1 1/2 quarts of bile a day, and the gallbladder acts as the storage tank for this bile. This bile is what helps break down our food in the digestion process. People who have their gallbladder removed often still have the same problems later on in life because the liver is still producing this bile. When we eat fatty foods, the bile is emptied into the small intestine to break the fat down. Our tubes that lead to the gallbladder are often clogged from this fat, and little cholesterol balls are formed. Naturally, they end up in the gallbladder and in the ducts leading to it. When the gallbladder is gone, those stones still have to go somewhere, and often your liver will begin to be bogged down with the stones. Thus, it cannot produce the bile needed in digestion, and we begin to feel bloated. All of this can lead to heart disease and various other complications. The gallstones are full of bacteria that affects our health in various ways including allergies, asthma, mono, back and shoulder pain, and so much more.
I learned by talking to my friend and researching that there are safe ways to rid ourselves of these stones without surgery. I know that some people thought I was crazy and some agreed with me wholeheartedly. In the end, I decided to do this cleanse a few weeks ago. I felt so much better afterwards! The cleanse is meant to be done as many times as needed to totally rid yourself of these "cholesterol ball" also known as gallstones. Of course, a week in between each time is wise due to the intensity of the cleanse. I have already done this cleanse once, and I plan to do it again. I honestly believe that I am on my way to a healthier way of living. I have changed my diet completely, and this time I am not turning back. I didn't realize that I was setting myself up for a myriad of health problems and diseases, and I plan on living to see my grand-children and great- grand-children. I plan on teaching my own family to eat properly. I don't plan on being a health fanatic, but I do plan on becoming as healthy as I can so I can serve my God with my whole heart, BODY and soul! We need a healthy body in order to survive down here! Why don't you plan on making today the day that you decide to become a "HEALTHIER YOU!"

No comments: