Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Thoughts from a Mom

I suppose most every mom could agree that the most important thing in their mind's eye is the raising of their kids. I refuse to believe that there are mothers out there that truly don't care about their own children. I do know that the mothers that don't show their caring are not in their right minds because once you look into your child's eyes for the first time, your heart is instantly bonded to theirs and there is no turning back. I believe there are confused moms out there that are trying their hardest to do their very best. It's not our place to look down nor tell them how to do their job. The thing is, it is only in your own heart how to raise your child. Yes, God can and will give you the wisdom you need if you but ask Him. I can't really have the answers you seek to be a good mom. I have to find the answers for myself as you have to find your own answers.
Most every day is the same for me and my family. We wake up, some of us as early as the sun-rise, but we all come downstairs and eat breakfast. When I am not well, I just give my children a cereal bar, fruit or toast. Mostly, I love making them breakfast! I thoroughly enjoy my job. I love getting their outfits coordinated and doing their hair. I often plan the evening's meal that morning, and do some "prep" work if needed! I allow them to watch a movie or a TV show while I do all of this. Recently, we've all taken turns being sick and then I had this surgery; so, we've kind of been out of routine. I make them lunch and allow them to watch something funny or their favorite show. I have them play until nap-time, and I often spend that time doing what I love doing, either reading, writing or just resting. I try and do laundry daily as that helps me out a great deal not to get behind. All of this to say, we are very laid back, and don't let anything rattle us. We don't live by a rigid schedule, and I clean all day long instead of like a crazy person freaking out when they mess everything up! I used to be that way; believe me. But it just didn't work out for me at all! I just step back and allow them to be kids and do my work around them! Now, I don't allow them to do whatever they want; don't get me wrong at all! We have structure, yet I'm learning to mellow out and not get all "fired up" when they spill something or break something.
My children are my pride and joy, and I try daily to show them how much they mean to me. Not only them, my husband was and always be first in my life. I try to daily make his life easier. I love him like no other, and I have to say that he is my best friend. I constantly keep in touch with him throughout the day. (yeah texting!) I often can't wait for him to come home, and am like a little girl when he does! I just love being around him. He has a pleasant personality. This is my life, my family. As you can plainly tell, I would trade it for no other profession on this planet! I used to think that I wanted a career, but I have one right here in my lap! I pity those who "endure" their mom profession. I embrace this with a smile on my face and joy in my heart, for God has allowed me two beautiful healthy children to raise for Him. These are just some of my thoughts.

No comments: