Sunday, January 18, 2009

I Love My Kids!

Charity, my oldest, is 4 and 3 months old. She reminds me every day of my life, that life is fun...I have to say that she just doesn't know how to sit still unless she is "reading a book." I think I have passed down my love for books to her because she will sit still for hours with a book open "reading!" She has proven to be such a big helper, and as each day passes, she is growing up SO fast! I am not sure if she will going to kindergarten this fall or not, but all that matters is that she continue to learn. When she does something wrong, she comes to me or Josh and says, "I'm so sorry! I can't get a spankin'!" Boy, she has a soft spot in my heart! Her ever-loving smile is like looking in the mirror! She knows no tears of sorrow or sadness...the saddest she gets is when she has to sit down and privileges get taken away, but that doesn't last for long. She knows no stranger. Everyone is a friend to that girl. I can sure learn a lot from her! :-)
Joseph William Darrell, whom we affectionately call JW, is my baby boy! He just turned two, and it seemed that very day, the feet stomping and the screams of, "NO!" went into affect! I couldn't believe my cuddly little baby had already started the "terrible 2s!" Actually, it's not as bad as it sounds! Oh, it happens once or twice a day, but he soon forgets, says sorry after being punished and gives me a HUGE bear hug. That boy has taught me to love. He has so much love to give away. He is a little more reserved than my Charity Joy, and he will stand and stare at you if he is unsure of who you are. He inherited Josh's looks, and his big eyes always melt my heart. Yesterday, he was singing, "Jesus Loves Me" at the top of his lungs as we drove home from the spaghetti dinner put on by our cheerleaders! It was too cute! He is very organized as a little man...I'll look at his toys, and he'll have all of his cars lined up in a neat row, or he'll line every-one's shoes up just as neat as he can...it's too cute! One thing I have to say, he really adores his "Carity." I love watching them play together....oh yeah, they fight, but they love each other immensely!
All of this to say, I am blessed! I have two wonderful children, and by the grace of God, I will raise them to serve Him. They aren't perfect, and neither am I! We are "growing up" together!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are learning well!