Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Judge NOT

       Sometimes a person comes into your life who really believes it is their mission in life to try and change you as a person. I think at some point in our lives, we are all guilty in this area. The only thing is, if you never really recognize that in yourself, you are not only hurting the other person, you also are hurting yourself. I have had different people come into my life who thought it was their lot in life to try and change me. I can't sit here and be angry at them, but I can learn from the situation and move on in my life. I believe that I am not going to truly understand why they act the way they do, but if I dwell on it too long, I will be behaving the same exact way that they are behaving. I hate how the conversation may come up like, "I just wanted you to know I'm concerned...." or "I just want to get this off my chest..." or the classic, "I prayed about this, and now I'm talking to you...." This is unacceptable behavior as a Christian! It isn't our place to point out someone else's faults! Instead, we are to encourage and pray for people. It is our duty to LOVE our neighbor as ourselves. If we don't, we are sinning against our God by breaking His second greatest commandment! So, before you decide to approach someone and tell them what you think of their actions or way of life, think about yourself and how God died for you! I love the verse that talks about looking at the beam in your own eye instead of the splinter in your friend's. I think it's time we, as Christians, start to really and truly show LOVE. LOVE suffereth long and kind......I'm preaching to myself as well. LOVE forgives...LOVE does not approach people with the wrongs that they have done but places a loving arm around them and encourages them. So, don't judge...and you won't be judged.

2 comments:

T said...

Whoo hoo my sista! Tell em how it is! HEHEHE
Love ya and hope you all are doing 100% better!

T

Anonymous said...

I believe we are instructed to go to a wayward one in a group. Never alone or singly.
(Galatians 6:1 KJV) "Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted."