Monday, October 26, 2009

Healthy is Spiritual

       I am not a health fanatic, but this year, I have learned more about my body than all of the other 27 years of my life. I have to say that I had alot of health issues this year, but through it all, I learned quite a few things. Not only do we need to work on the spiritual part of us, but we should always be working on the physical side as well. God put us down here for a reason, and we should be as healthy as we can to do His will.
       Well, I've been going to a health-food store in Martinsburg, and the one lady there has been super helpful. I can ask her any question, and she not only answers me but also shows me out of a book that was written by a doctor! Anyway, this lady has been through so much physically. She has fibromyalgia, asthma and various other problems. She told me she went to doctor after doctor and had test after test done. Then she was able to get this job at this health-food store. She said her last doctor knew what to do for her, and he was even telling her of these herbs and vitamins to take. He even suggested she join a gym to help with the fibromyalgia. At first, she was majorly reluctant, but in the end, she gave in because the pain was severe. Looking at her today, you'd never know she was ill or had a disease! She told me that she was on 3 inhalers, and now, she doesn't need anything of the sort. Also, she used to be in so much pain from the fibromyalgia that she couldn't get out of bed. Now, she walks and moves easily with no pain. I basically told her that I was done getting sick and that I needed to boost my immune system. I already kind of knew the minerals and vitamins that I was looking for, but she was able to help me tremendously.
       I've been taking Acai now since May, and it has helped me with my weight loss and inflammation of my joints like my fingers. I started taking silver yesterday. I've heard so much about it, and after reading about it and researching, I decided to try it. It's called Sovereign Silver, and it's an immune supportive supplement. It is completely natural and easily absorbed in the system. Not convinced yet? Well, I could feel myself getting sick again yesterday. Maybe I was just feeling some stress because of some personal things going on, but I was feeling pretty raunchy....I started taking it around 4 PM yesterday, and by 4 PM today when I took my third dose for the day, I was feeling very good. I don't feel sickly anymore! I can't believe it, but I am totally convinced. You can safely take it up to 7x a day, but you really don't need to do that unless you have a terminal disease. I have been taking it 5x a day so far because that's the dosage you would take if you are sick or feel like you are getting sick. I eventually will be taking it 3x a day until flu and cold season is over. Then I can maintain my immune system. I also bought a vitamin that's good for me and my kids. It's called Astragalus. This vitamin can be taken in capsules or liquid. I've found that liquid is always the best way to take vitamins because your body doesn't have to work as hard to break it all down. It goes right to your system. Astragalus is a helpful vitamin that fights against the flu. It is safe for your children to take as well. I bought the one that is better tasting for children. Also, I've started taking double and triple doses of Emergen-C. This, too, is also liquid and easily absorbed.
       Just because I take all of this, doesn't make me better than anyone else. It's not necessary for someone to do something just because I do it. I just know myself, and I know  that I need to be a healthier, better me so I can thoroughly enjoy the life that God has given me. So far, I have maintained my weight loss of 40, now 41 pounds as of this morning! I started counting my points again today, and I am so excited to be a healthier me for me and my family's sake. I teach my children to make better food choices even though they are young. I'm not a mean mom, not allowing them to have candy or chips. I do allow them to eat some junk food, but I've taught them to love fruit. Vegetables are just a common dislike among children, but I still feed it to them because it's good for them. I love it that my JW asks for a banana, and Charity is always asking for an apple! I don't allow them to drink soda very often. I really shouldn't allow them to drink it at all because it will do nothing but rot their teeth out and cause problems later on in life. Soda is like osteoporosis in a can....the carbonation in the soda whether regular or diet, has ingredients that eat away at your bones. I just found that out recently; so, I've decided to stick to my water and healthy teas!
       Yes, healthy is spiritual. There is no need to be overweight and out of control. I say this with my head held high because I am on my way to losing all of this weight! It makes me feel good about myself and confident that what I am doing is right. I don't write this to brag...I write this as an insight that I've recently discovered! Why keep all of this knowledge to myself???!!!! Why not share "the wealth?" I plan on helping as many people as I can because this is something that most people just don't know. I can in turn help someone like I have been helped!

No comments: